Supporting People at Work and in the Community
- We are a dedicated Team of trained Christians serving and supporting people in the workplace and in the community in the Town of Basingstoke.
- We love our Town and believe that the work carried out here is important.
- We are a Christian organisation but visit people of strong faith or none.
- Chaplains represent all the local Christian Churches.
- We believe faith is not just for Sundays!
Why have a Chaplain?
- Chaplains have been designated to visit work places on a regular basis and they have been selected and trained to be good listeners and are available to talk with colleagues and customers alike.
- We are careful not to interrupt your work, but will often snatch a few words with you as you go about your business. For longer conversations it can easily be arranged for you to speak to a Chaplain privately.
- At the best of times, life and work can be stressful. It can sometimes be helpful to talk to somebody else about what’s on your mind. You maybe lonely, feeling disappointed, have questions to ask, or maybe just need a friendly ear to bend, then a chaplain is the person for you. We aim to provide you with an opportunity to talk about any concerns you may have, whether its about family, work, or anything else. What you talk about is up to you.
- Chaplains are not employed by the organisation you work for, and you can be assured that anything you talk about with them will remain completely confidential.
- As people of faith Chaplains understand that life can be hard work as well as fun, and know that there is more to life than simply getting up every day and going to work!
- The Chaplaincy team is there for everyone, whether you have faith in God or no faith at all, whether you profess to be part of the Christian faith or if you come from another faith background.
- If you want to talk to someone from your own faith background, our Chaplains will be happy to try and put you in touch with someone appropriate, and a meeting can be arranged.
- You may say “I’m not religious, what about me?” Although all our Chaplains are committed Christians, they are there to support everyone, to listen to whatever you may want to talk about and to respond with the love of God.
- Remember, we are available to you if you would like to talk a chaplain.