- At the best of times, life and work can be stressful.
- Sometimes it helps to talk about what’s on your mind. You maybe lonely, feeling disappointed, have questions to ask, facing pressures at work, or maybe just need a friendly ear to bend, then a chaplain is the person for you. We aim to provide you with an opportunity to talk about any concerns you may have, whether its about family, work, or anything else. What you talk about is up to you.
- Chaplains understand that life can be hard work as well as fun, and know that there is more to life than simply getting up every day and going to work!
How Chaplaincy Works
- Chaplains have been designated to visit work places on a regular basis and they have been selected and trained to be good listeners and are available to talk with colleagues and customers alike.
- We are careful not to interrupt your work, but will often snatch a few words with you as you go about your business. For longer conversations it can easily be arranged for you to speak to a Chaplain privately.
- Chaplains are not employed by the organisation you work for, and you can be assured that anything you talk about with them will remain completely confidential.
- The Chaplaincy team is there for everyone, whether you have faith in God or no faith at all, whether you profess to be part of the Christian faith or if you come from another faith background.
- If you want to talk to someone from your own faith background, our Chaplains will be happy to try and put you in touch with someone appropriate, and a meeting can be arranged.
- You may say “I’m not religious, so what can a Chaplain do for me?” Although all our Chaplains are committed Christians, they are there to support everyone, to listen to whatever you may want to talk about and to respond with the love of God.